The Pursuit of Online Entrepreneurship
Podcast Episode 016 – 9 Reasons you should join Facebook groups to grow your business online
When I showed up online in late 2015, I didn’t even have a FB Account, let alone know anything about Facebook Groups. But I quickly learned the important role Facebook Groups play in an Entrepreneurs life and I hope to shed some light on why you should consider searching and joining a few groups yourself.
Especially coming from a corporate background, I had ZERO idea or knowledge of Facebook Groups or how they could be a powerful resource for my business growth…
In today’s episode, I’ll share with you how joining Facebook groups can help you accelerate the growth of your business with many more side effects that catapult your online visibility.
Let me confirm something you may have already heard…Facebook groups WILL grow your business.
If you’re thinking about or have already been leveraging Facebook to grow your business and build your email list, then there’s a good chance you’re already a member of one or more Facebook groups.
I’ve personally started leveraging Facebook groups for the past 3 years and I can tell you, they are a fantastic source of information, support, and clients.
I never thought I’d say this but I love them. (loved them so much so that I started my own FB Group in April of 2016…)
I want to share with you 9 REASONS you should consider joining Facebook Groups as part of your Business Growth and Business Profitability strategy…Ok, here we go.
FACEBOOK GROUPS ARE...
1. An excellent way to CONNECT with your fans, and ideal audience
2. Where YOU can SHOWCASE your knowledge, authority, expertise in your zone of genius.
3. Facebook groups give you direct, INSTANT ACCESS to connect with your potential customers or followers and start building meaningful relationships.
4. They are a fantastic way to SHARE your message, your stories, case studies, show your training style to build the Know Like & Trust factors.
5. Not all FB allow PROMOTIONS but the once that do…They are a great way to promote your EVENTS, products or services…your call to action
a. Just be sure to connect, add value and build relationships first
b. Don’t just show up on promo days
6. When done right and with a strategy, these Facebook groups you ENGAGE IN will help you grow your traffic, increase your email list, and grow your revenue.
7. A side BONUS I found, was that members of the FB Groups I was showing up in, were other entrepreneurs I could network with…that’s something I did not anticipate but have also leveraged in my own business growth strategy
8. SUPPORT & COMMUNITY…beyond the initial intention of connecting with your clients, FACEBOOK Groups allow you to interact with other business owners, to brainstorm, celebrate our wins, talk through moments of frustration, get support, give feedback, and the best surprise, make friends.
9. FINDING CLIENTS: The last thing I can tell you is that yes, you can find and get new clients through these FB Groups which ultimately help to grow your business and revenue…
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT FACEBOOK GROUPS? WHAT THEY ARE?
For those of you not familiar with Facebook groups, let me give you a brief summary.
Facebook groups are GROUPS of people (all types, interested in all sorts of topics) who come together virtually to connect over a common subject or topic.
There are thousandS and thousands of groups for business, online entrepreneurs, social media marketers, video strategy, Live Video, Content creators, Virtual Assistants, Software Specific Groups, or even for Life interests…Runners, Healthy eaters, Yoga life, A Doggie world, Minimalist, and so much more.
FB Groups are an incredible and powerful source of information, education, support, and community…You can learn a lot, you can teach a lot and you can grow your email list…these are just a few of the ways you can leverage Facebook Groups!
But don’t just join to be a lurker…actively participating in Facebook groups can easily showcase your expertise and quickly become known as an expert in your field…THIS is how you can show up with a purpose, strategy and create strong long-term connections that turn your fans, into leads and convert them to clients.
The topic of FB Groups is extensive and I’ve decided to break up the topics into various podcast episodes for a FB Group series. In upcoming podcast episodes, we’ll talk about
• The DIFFERENT TYPES OF FB GROUPS you should consider joining
• How to RESEARCH and JOIN these FB Groups
• How to INTRODUCE YOURSELF in the groups and make a great first impression
• How To GET THE BEST RESULTS From The Facebook Groups You Join
• When & Why You Should CREATE YOUR OWN FB Group
So as you can see, we’ve got a lot more to talk about when it comes to Facebook groups as part of your online business growth strategy.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN…
Let me know what has your experience been with Facebook groups? Have you found your peeps? Have they led to more clients? Business?
Based on what I just shared with you in this episode, out of the 9 reasons you should consider Facebook Groups to be part of your business growth strategy, which ONE resonated with you the most?
Before we go, have you subscribed to my podcast yet? It takes less than a minute and future episodes will be automatically downloaded so you won’t miss any future episodes.
AND REMEMBER, imperfect action is always better than waiting until it’s perfect and never starting at all.
I thank you for showing up for me, for yourself, and for your business.
Until next time, Bye for now
Recently On The Pursuit of Online Entrepreneurship Podcast
The Pursuit of Online Entrepreneurship Podcast Why Scaling Up Sometimes Means Slowing Down Do you ever find yourself procrastinating on something you KNOW you need to get done? Maybe it’s because you just don’t want to do it, but in a lot of cases, I think...
The Pursuit of Online Entrepreneurship Podcast How to Run Your Own Race (Especially When Launching or Growing A Business) About 12 years ago, I headed over to my childhood girlfriend’s house, a box of Krispy Kreme donuts in tow (they weren’t all for us—she has...
The Pursuit of Online Entrepreneurship Podcast How to Stop Caring What Others Think WARNING: if you’re serious about building a successful business online, you’ll have to learn how to handle the haters and the trolls that are going to come for you. It’s one of...